.CD is one of a few domain name extensions that can be used for a variety of abbreviations such as:
- Cadmium (a chemical element)
- Certificate of Deposit (a fancy financial term unique to the US)
- Compact Disc (the shiny disk that replaced the cassette)
- Civil Defence (when a government tries to protect its people from badies or bad things)
- Corps Diplomatique (government reps in a foreign country)
- Corporate Directory (list of people slaving away in a company)
- Canadian Dollar (the country located above the US)
It is also the domain name extension for the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The DRC has a population of 68 million making it the most populous French speaking country. More French is spoken in the DRC than in France, oh là là.
Register your .cd domain at http://www.namelynx.com/deals/cd
If you can read this, well done. Since you are making an effort to read this you may want to know that the descriptions in brackets, above, are not official definitions but created by the Namelynx team based on extensive random Google and Wikipedia searches.