We list some of the highlights below:
- The launch date for .london has been set for 29 April 2014. We will add more information about the launch next week.
- .UK launches on 10 June 2014. From that date you can register a .UK domain name directly at the second level (e.g. namelynx.uk) alongside existing domains such as namelynx.co.uk.
- An address for service in the UK is required for foreign registrants, which we offer at no additional cost.
- If have a co.uk domain name you have 5 years to register the equivalent .uk domain name. If 2 or more domains exist with the same name (e.g. namelynx.co.uk and namelynx.org.uk), the .co.uk will be offered the .uk equivalent.
- You will be able to register your .UK domain name for only £3.60 for the first year and £2.99 for every year after the first.
- You can still process your .UK registration with Namelynx even if your co.uk registration is with another registrar.
- co.com entered the landrush phase. You can register this alternative to a .com at https://www.namelynx.com/deals/co.com